If you are a California resident, please also see Appendix A “Privacy Information for California Residents” for supplemental California-specific privacy information.
Collection of Your Personal Information
Information you provide to us. We may collect personal information about you when you provide it to us while registering for an account or using or interacting with the Website or using our services. You may be required to register in order to be granted access to certain information, services, and/or products on the Website. For example, you will need to register if you sign up for our support site.
We may collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- Your name;
- Your title;
- Your company name;
- Your e-mail address;
- Your mailing address;
- Your telephone number;
- Your business website address;
- Location data; and
- Account/payment information.
We may also receive messages or content you submit that contain personal information, as well as other information that may personally identify you that you submit to us. If you choose to respond to a survey we conduct, we will collect your responses.
Information we receive from other sources. From time to time, we may also receive information about you from our third-party service providers, affiliates, customers, and partners, including our marketing, conference, and advertising partners and social media networks. We may also receive information from third-party analytics that allows us to improve our Website and serices.
We may also collect information about you from publicly available sources.
Use of Your Personal Information
The personal information that you provide to Cilio may be stored, processed, and used by Cilio and its affiliates for the following purposes:
- to provide you with goods or services and to otherwise operate our business;
- to provide information about our company, products, and/or services, including updates, notifications, and details of any offers or promotions;
- to assist us in improving our products, services, or the content of this Website;
- to contact you to participate in a market research survey so that we can gauge customer satisfaction and develop better products;
- for our own internal marketing and research purposes;
- to make the Website easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information or by customizing the Website to your particular interests or preferences;
- to analyze information for trends and statistics;
- to comply with our legal obligations or requests from law enforcement and government agencies;
- to enforce or protect the terms of our services, rights, property, safety, or that of our users or third parties; and
- as part of due diligence for, or the consummation of, a transaction involving the merger, sale, divestiture, or other transaction involving the equity or assets of Cilio.
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
We may share your information with third parties as follows:
- with service providers that assist us in providing services offered through the Website, including, but not limited to, services related to technical maintenance, database management, or advertising and marketing research;
- to comply with our legal obligations or requests from law enforcement and government agencies;
- to enforce or protect the terms of our services, rights, property, safety, or that of our users or third parties;
- as part of due diligence for, or the consummation of, a transaction involving the merger, sale, divestiture, or other transaction involving the equity or assets of Cilio; or
- in accordance with consent you’ve provided.
We may share aggregate, de-identified information with others, including affiliated and non-affiliated companies, for any legal purpose.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. However, if you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the features of the Website or services you visit. Information on deleting or controlling cookies can be found at www.aboutcookies.org.
You can opt out of Google Analytics by:
- Changing your settings at Google’s Ad Settings at: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
- Installing an opt-out browser add-on available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- Adjusting the settings on your web browser: See http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/technologies/managing
Our Website does not respond to “Do Not Track” requests.
Opt-Out. You may opt out of receiving future marketing communications from us at any time. You can opt out by using the unsubscribe process in our marketing communications or by contacting us using the below listed methods. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such request in a timely manner. Depending on where you live, you may have other rights related to your personal information. If you have a question regarding such rights, please contact us at the below-provided information.
Security of Information
To protect the privacy of personal information provided by you, Cilio has implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal information when you are on the internet. Although we will take reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of such information transmitted to our Website or services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or services.
Links to other Websites
Children Under the Age of 13
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information and otherwise comply with the requirements of any applicable law including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. If you believe someone under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we ask that you contact us through the methods described below.
Effective Date: June, 2022
Privacy Information for California Residents
Effective Date: June 01, 2022
This Appendix applies solely to individuals who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). This Appendix complies with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Appendix. This Appendix does not apply to personal information outside the scope of the CCPA.
1. Cilio as a Service Provider
When we act as a service provider for our customers, we collect personal information on behalf of our customers subject to our contractual obligations. When we act as a service provider, we follow the instructions of our customer on how to process personal information on our customer’s behalf. The provisions of this Appendix do not apply to the personal information that we process on behalf of our business customers.
2. What Personal Information We Collect and How We Share it
The below chart lists the categories of personal information that we may collect and have collected in the past 12 months and how we share such information.
|Categories of Personal Information||Categories of Services Providers and Third Parties with whom Personal Information is Shared|
|Identifiers. This may include a real name, alias, address, email address, phone number, online identifier, IP address, [account username and password], job title, or other similar identifiers.||Entities that we are required to share with pursuant to law or for legal proceedings; service providers; ad networks; data analytics providers; prospective purchasers of our business; outside auditors and lawyers; and social networks.|
|Internet and network information. This may include information on your interaction with a website, application, or advertisement, such as browsing history and how you use your account.||Entities that we are required to share with pursuant to law or for legal proceedings; service providers; ad networks; data analytics providers; and social networks.|
|Device information. This may include the operating system of your device, device identifier, the type of device you are using, or your geolocation information.||Entities that we are required to share with pursuant to law or for legal proceedings; service providers; ad networks; data analytics providers; and social networks.|
|Other information you submit to us. This may include requests or communications you submit to us, including emails, ratings, or customer service call recording.||Entities that we are required to share with pursuant to law or for legal proceedings; service providers; ad networks; data analytics providers; prospective purchasers of our business; outside auditors and lawyers; and social networks.|
|Research or survey information. This may include survey results, social media data, and other information about your participation in consumer research.||Entities that we are required to share with pursuant to law or for legal proceedings; service providers; ad networks; data analytics providers; prospective purchasers of our business; outside auditors and lawyers; and social networks.|
|Inferences we draw about you. This may include information about your preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, or other trends that help us identify which products you may be interested in.|
3. Where We Collect Personal Information From
We may collect personal information from the following sources: you, your agent, our other customers, service providers, ad networks, data analytics providers, social media networks, and online third party market places.
4. How We Use Personal Information
We may use personal information in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products, or services;
- To advertise or market to you;
- To improve our services and products;
- To secure and monitor our websites and services;
- For consumer research and conducting surveys;
- To conduct giveaways or contests; or
- For our own legal obligations and business needs.
5. Sale of Personal Information
CCPA defines a “sale” of personal information broadly to include more than exchanges for monetary purposes. A sale can include personal information shared with a third party for “valuable consideration,” or information shared with a third party (even if they are performing services on our behalf) if they are permitted to use the information for their own purposes.
6. California Residents’ Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information, described below. Below are your CCPA rights and how to exercise those rights.
- Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights (“Right to Know”)
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. You could request:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources of the personal information we collected about you;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information; or
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
Keep in mind that CCPA does not apply to information you have provided to us or that we have collected from you that is subject to the federal Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), or the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), so we will deny any Right to Know concerning personal information subject to GLBA or FCRA. Our employees and employees of our business partners and service providers also do not have a Right to Know.
- Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete some or all of the personal information that we have collected from you and retained, subject to a number of exceptions. We are not required to delete personal information that is: (a) necessary to complete a transaction with you or for warranty or product recalls; (b) used for security purposes, to prevent fraud, to fix errors, or to comply with law; (c) reasonable for us to use for internal purposes given our relationship with you; or (d) compatible with the context in which you provided the information. The list of exceptions above is not exhaustive, and we may also deny a deletion request as otherwise permitted by law.
The same limitations described above with respect to the Right to Know, apply to the Right to Deletion.
- Exercising Your Rights
To exercise your rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Contact us at our Contact Us Form .
- Visiting https://www.ciliocio.com; or
- Through your password protected account.
Only you, or a person or entity that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. If you are making a request on behalf of another person, you must provide written legal documentation that you are authorized to act on behalf of that individual.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; and
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We may not be able to fulfill your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. To verify your identity, we may request up to three pieces of personal information about you, and we reserve the right to take additional steps as necessary to verify your identity if we have reason to believe a request is fraudulent.
- Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the date we receive your verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program's material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
7. Other California Privacy Rights
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us through the information provided above.
8. Changes to this Appendix
We reserve the right to amend this Appendix at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Appendix, we will post the updated notice on our website and update the effective date on this Appendix. Your continued use of our website, products, or services following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
9. Contact Information
If you have any questions or comments about this Appendix the ways in which we collect and use your information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or if you wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Postal Address: 200 South Executive Drive, Suite 101, Brookfield, WI 53005